Plaza Artist Materials & Pyramid Atlantic
Plaza Artist Materials and Pyramid Atlantic are proud to offer a one-month residency opportunity for an artist from the Greater Metropolitan DC Area with an interest in printmaking, papermaking and book arts and whose talent deserves to be recognized.
The Plaza/Pyramid Atlantic Artist Residency is a unique opportunity for an artist to develop a multi-disciplinary arts approach by engaging in the mediums of papermaking, printmaking and bookmaking in the dynamic studios at Pyramid Atlantic. The emphasis at Pyramid Atlantic is on a collaborative approach. While in residence, the artist will receive expert assistance from a Master Printmaker, Papermaker and Book Artist within Pyramid Atlantic’s environment of neutrality, safety and support. At the residencies culmination, the artist will present a public talk about their residency experience and showcase one-of-a-kind works, or limited edition works in paper, print, or artist books created during the residency
The residency will occur in May of 2009. During their month long residency, the artist will receive:
• $1000 honorarium
• $500 Plaza Gift Card for supplies for their residency activities
• 24-hour access (key provided for duration of residency) and use of
fully equipped studios for papermaking, etching, lithography, relief,
screen-printing, letterpress, and digital printing,
• Storage space
• Basic supplies (solvents, cleaners)
• Inclusion in Pyramid Atlantic’s permanent collection
• Opportunity to show new work in exhibitions
• Public events promotion in the Pyramid Atlantic and Plaza Artist
• Opportunity to sell work at the Pyramid Atlantic store
• The opportunity to collaborate with other area artists
• Technical advice, assistance and full support by Pyramid staff and
• Mentorship from professional artists
This residency opportunity does not provide housing or transportation assistance.
Application & Selection Process
The artist will be selected through an application process. Artist interested in being considered for the residency should submit the following before Monday April 6, 2009:
• Basic Information (name, address, city, state, phone, email)
• Artistic Statement
• Artistic Résumé - up to two pages. Bio is not acceptable
• Description of planned activities for the residency period (one month)
• Timeline of planned activities for the residency period (one month)
• Work sample, CD, DVD, slides, digital images
• Work Sample Description
• Support Materials – up to 2 items of additional material, e.g.,
newspaper articles, reviews, letters of support, programs, brochures,
Please send all applications to:
Pyramid Atlantic Art Center
Attn: Plaza Artist Residency
8230 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring MD 20910
For more information, please contact Pyramid Atlantic at 301-608-9101 or email@example.com or www.pyramidatlanticartcenter.org.
An Advisory Panel consisting of representatives from Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center and Plaza Artist Materials will select one artist for the residency opportunity.
Employees of Pyramid Atlantic Art Center and Plaza Artist Materials are prohibited from applying.