Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Something other than art....

While I am a nervous wreck and excited ball of goo about the shows this week, I have to say I'm even more excited at going home to the Northwest for a few days afterwards.

Its harvest season in wine country and I'm headed home after the show in New York to cook dinner for hungry harvesters at Waving Tree Winery (aka my best friend's winery.) Kimiko's Nebbiolo just got a mention as one of the best 100 wines in the Northwest, which is pretty stiff competition. It should be a great weekend to catch up with friends, get creative in something other than my studio, relax and enjoy a glass or two of that Nebbiolo!

I can't wait to wake up to the sound of the wind in the trees and deer in the pasture and art filled house from all of our friends. Good times. I'll see if I can sneak a few pics of the wide open spaces, unfortunately, I can't capture the fresh air that goes along with it.