Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!


interrupted play © 2007


Happy Holidays and next year be even better than this one!

I hope this finds you all well and happy.


It's been a crazy awesome year and much more fruitful than expected. I was able to travel a little, mostly for exhibitions. I was fortunate enough to be curated into some pretty great shows from Cambridge, MA to DC and even celebrated my first New York show this fall at Daneyal Mahmood Gallery with an incredible group of artists. The studio continues to be a joy and I love that fact that its one place in the world where I'm the boss. I'm starting to make more friends in the DC area, though I still miss family and friends a great deal still in the Northwest. I even try to do non-art stuff once in a while, just to take a breather.

I'm looking forward to next year. Last week I received a letter informing me that I was selected as a Keyholder Resident at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center. (I get to use the studios and print facilities for 5 whole months without rental fees. I do have to come up with my own materials though.) They only select 4 artists per year. I continue to work with the collective of artists also known as Sparkplug sponsored through DCAC Gallery in DC and was also curated into the Washington Project for the Arts annual auction and gala, which is quite an honor. I'm hoping that these opportunities will take me one step further in the right direction.

I'm headed for the snowbound Northwest for the Christmas holidays for much needed time with family and friends and hope you all have a wonderful and prosperous New Year!

Wishing you the best and the brightest,

Jenny

--
www.jennywaltonart.com
www.jennywalton.blogspot.com

I want to live my life not by the regret of "what if", but by its possibilities. -ME

What lies behind us and what lies before us are nothing compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson